EFFB are looking for volunteers to our distribution teams, it is essential that the candidates are good listeners and can encourage and signpost our clients.
Hours: 2½ hours a week on a Saturday, 10am – 12.30pm (one session per month)
Location: Debden Library, New City College, Loughton
Overview of the role
This role involves providing direct support to people who use food banks. Packing their food parcels, making them feel comfortable and providing further signposting support where appropriate.
- Welcome clients to the foodbank centre
- Receive vouchers, check validity, and prepare food parcels according to the standard packing lists
- Make refreshments and tidy up as required during the session
- Offer a listening ear and signpost clients, as required, to further support, using information from the signposting folder/leaflets
- Work under the guidance of the session leader and report any health & safety to the project manager/session supervisor and safeguarding concerns to the Safeguarding Officer.
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Has an eye for detail
- Organised and self-motivated
Impact of your role
- Helping to ensure a dignified experience to anyone visiting a food bank
- Signposting people for further support which can help lift them from poverty
- You will be given all the required training and support before starting your role.
- You will have a main contact throughout your time volunteering.
-Be a part of our fun and friendly volunteer team.
-You can make a real difference to your local community. Volunteers are the driving force behind Epping Forest Foodbank.