EFFB is looking for drivers who can help transport emergency supplies from our warehouse to Debden Library for the distribution centre session.
Hours: Saturday morning, 9.45am – 12.30pm (one session per month)
Requirements: Volunteer must have access to a vehicle
Overview of the role
EFFB provides three-day emergency food parcels for people in crisis, working in partnership with organisations across the community. Drivers play a fundamental role in the running of the foodbank, collecting food donations from a variety of locations across the local area as well as distributing the sorted donations from the warehouse to the local foodbank centres.
- Loading and unloading prepacked parcels and equipment from warehouse to foodbank centre.
- Transporting sorted food from the warehouse to the local foodbank centre in own vehicle.
- Helping to set up the prepacked parcels and equipment at the foodbank centre.
- Hold a full clean driving licence
- Physically strong
- Confident driver
- Adaptable and flexible
- Personable and committed
- You will need to provide a copy of your vehicles insurance details to EFFB
Impact of your role
- You will directly improve the efficiency of EFFB
- You will help to maximise donations by ensuring food is collected promptly
- You will be given all the required training and support before starting your role.
- You will have a main contact throughout your time volunteering.
- Be a part of our fun and friendly volunteer team.
- You can make a real difference to your local community. Volunteers are the driving force behind Epping Forest Foodbank.