Epping Forest Foodbank is in an exciting season of expansion, so we are looking for a proactive, positive person ideally with experience in grant and bid writing to help us ensure we are able to sustain and continue to develop the best service to local people in crisis and to our volunteers. Research into local and regional opportunities supported by our grant finder communications.
Hours: 1 day per week
Overview of the role
This role is focused on maximising the funds raised by EFFB, and through it promoting our message and goals. This valuable role will ensure we have a strong fundraising foundation, that will help shape how it operates now and in the future.
- Maximising funds raised by the food bank
- Developing links with local organisations and businesses
- Participating in and representing the food bank at fundraising events throughout the year
- Developing and delivering engaging presentations
- Liaising with the council to obtain relevant licences
- Organising fundraising events
- Motivating and supporting other volunteers to engage in fundraising
- Remaining up to date with fundraising best practice and legislation
- Creating regular reports for the Board of Trustees
- Dynamic and innovative
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Very organised
- Previous fundraising experience is desirable
Impact of your role
- Protecting the future of the foodbank
- Developing the reach of the foodbank
- Helping to drive efficiencies in the running of the foodbank
- You will be given all the required training and support before starting your role.
- You will have a main contact throughout your time volunteering.
- Be a part of our fun and friendly volunteer team.
- You can make a real difference to your local community. Volunteers are the driving force behind Epping Forest Foodbank.