EFFB is looking for a volunteer to oversee our media channels, both digitally and through posters and flyers.
Hours: About 3-6 hours per week, with flexible hours. The candidate will need the flexibility to respond quickly. Most social media messages can be scheduled, but occasionally posts will need to be published at short notice.
Location: Based at our Unit-D8 in Loughton, some work may be able to be completed from the successful candidate’s home or when ‘out and about’.
Overview of the role
Social Media is increasingly becoming the main channel to quickly, accurately & positively communicate with Epping Forest Foodbank’s audience.
The Media Assistant will report to the Media Coordinator and assist with the design and distribution of media updates, working alongside the Project Manager, Volunteer Coordinator and Warehouse Coordinator. This is an important role that helps us to build and maintain relationships with the community we serve.
- Updating the EFFB website
- Scheduling social media posts via Hootsuite (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Designing posters, social media posts using graphic design software provided.
- Distributing physical media (posters for Foodbank Centre’s, public places and events etc.)
- Writing templated newsletters via Mailchimp – to be sent every quarter (Spring March, Summer June, Autumn September, Winter/Christmas December).
- Engaging with with followers and other organisations on behalf of EFFB via social media.
The successful candiate should be:
- Digitally literate
- Ability to write interesting, engaging content based on recent Foodbank events or news.
- To be an administrator on each of the social media platforms, professional, apolitical.
- Timely and responsive.
- Familiar and able to use of relevant hashtags.
- Detailed and have an eye for graphic design, accuracy, great command of the English Language and sensitive to client stories.
We would also be interested in hearing from candidates who:
- have a interest in Foodbanks and passion for the relief of poverty in their community & nationally
can demonstrate writing and communicating on behalf of the foodbank apolitically.
You will be given training and support from the Media Coodinator.
You will have a main contact throughout your time volunteering
Be a part of our fun and friendly volunteer team.
Develop useful transferable skills including organisation and communication.
You can make a real difference to your local community. Volunteers are the driving force behind Epping Forest Foodbank.