We are in need of a volunteer help to weigh, sort and store donated food before it’s made into parcels for clients to collect. This is an essential role as it ensures we have the right food available at all times
Hours: 4 hours per week, on a Wednesday morning (9.15am – 12.15pm)
Location: St Mary’s Church, Loughton, IG10 1BB
Overview of the role
This role involves supporting the warehouse team in managing their food donations. Food donations are sorted, weighed and packed ready for distribution.
- Ensure that all Trussell Trust warehousing procedures and processes are followed as per the foodbank operating manual
- Receive food donations from members of the public and thank them
- Ensure that incoming stock is checked, weighed, and recorded
- Sort food by date and type, removing any items that are damaged or out-of-date and weighing these out separately
- Keep warehouse area clean and tidy at all times, checking for evidence of pests and notifying the Warehouse co-ordinator if there are any concerns
- Prepare stock orders for the foodbank centre and/or emergency foodboxes, as appropriate
- Assist in undertaking an annual stock take as detailed in the foodbank operating manual
- Report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to the Warehouse co-ordinator
- Strong team player
- Has an eye for detail
- Organised and self-motivated
- Happy with some heavy lifting
- Using your existing skills to make a difference
- Meet new people who share your passion to eradicate poverty in the community
- Make a real difference to the running of your foodbank
Impact of your role
- Helping to drive efficiencies in the running of the foodbank
- Protecting the future of the foodbank
- Developing the reach of the foodbank
- You will be given all the required training and support before starting your role.
- You will have a main contact throughout your time volunteering.
- Be a part of our fun and friendly volunteer team.
- You can make a real difference to your local community. Volunteers are the driving force behind Epping Forest Foodbank.