Epping Forest Foodbank is opening a new distribution centre in Chipping Ongar, you can be part of this new team as a Session Leader
Thursdays 9.30am – 12noon
This role involves contributing to the smooth running of the food bank centre, supporting volunteers
- Support the FDC Centre Coordinators in supervising and motivating a team of volunteers
- Oversee tasks to ensure the smooth running of the food bank centre
- Uphold safeguarding, health and safety and hygiene policies, reporting any concerns to the FDC Centre Coordinators
- Ensure food bank policies and procedures are followed
- Support the FDC Centre coordinators in creating a welcoming, caring and friendly atmosphere for volunteers and people coming to the centre
- Lead a volunteer debrief at the end of each session in the absence of the FDC Centre Coordinators
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and self-motivated
- Strong leadership skills
Impact of your role
- Helping to ensure a dignified experience to anyone visiting a food bank centre
- Helping to ensure volunteers are supported and valued
- Contributing to the smooth running of your food bank centre.
- You will be given all the required training and support before starting your role.
- You will have a main contact throughout your time volunteering.
- Using your existing skills to make a difference
- Meet new people who share your passion to eradicate poverty in the community
- Make a real difference to the running of your food bank